Thursday, February 19, 2009

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap080422.html
This interstellar beast is formed of cosmic dust and gas interacting with the energetic light and winds from hot young stars. The shape, visual texture, and color, combine to give the region the popular name Fox Fur Nebula. The characteristic blue glow on the left is dust reflecting light from the bright star S Mon, just beyond the left edge of the image. Mottled pink and brown areas are a combination of the cosmic dust and reddish emission from ionized hydrogen gas. S Mon is part of a young open cluster of stars, NGC 2264, located about 2,500 light years away toward the constellation of Monoceros, just north of the Cone Nebula.
digg_url = 'http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap080422.html'; digg_skin = 'compact';

I choose this picture because it looks really cool. Plus I like how the color form other colors like: red orange and it has a hint of yellowish color in it. I like how the red in the pictures looks like flames and it kind of reminds me of a lion's mane. The way the picture is able to show that his mouth is open is very sweet. I like that the nose of the fox has like a black area on it. It makes it look more like a fox. I really only choose this picture because i like the way the colors pop out at you.



1 comment:

  1. Jeff...I would love to see the picture of this interstellar beast with the blue glow on the side...so in order for me to do that, you need to display the picture for your readers. Try using the "Insert Picture" button on the formatting toolbar when you blog next time.

    ReplyDelete